Wednesday, March 25, 2015

How to get your passion back!


We have all gotten in a rut before, when we just do the basic day to day things to keep ourselves alive. Most of us have also felt a passion and a drive for something; maybe it's writing, fitness, crafting, or something totally different, for me it is a little bit of all the things I listed, but most of us know some type of thing that makes us happy a type of passion for something. We often let these passions be our last priority, putting work, school, or cleaning before what we love most, and that is how we lose our passion. I have always loved reading blogs so awhile ago I decided to start one and it became my passion for a little while, until other things got in the way and it was put as a last priority. However, my passion for blogging is back and I want to share with you all how I got my passion back. 

1. Made a list of everything that you consider something that makes you happy.
My list included my family, crafting, writing, and organizing. I then thought of how I could do almost all of them at once, lucky for me I can. I can blog about DIY's that help you get organized. I can spend time with my family and let them help with the DIY's and crafts I plan of doing. 

2. You you time wisely!
Try to do two passions at once. An example would be letting my family in on the crafting. I get to craft and spend time bonding with my family. The biggest tip I can give about using your time would be to get off the phone. Stop spending time on social networks and use it for your passions! Even if it is a short 5 minutes waiting foe the bus, use it to brainstorm new ideas. 

3. Set goals.
By setting and writing down your goals it gives you something tangible to work for. I will go into more detail about setting goals in my next post. Just keep in mind when making goals that they are realistic and measurable. 

4. Make your passions a priority. 
It doesn't have to be the first thing on your todo list but make sure it is on there. Use the time while dinner is cooking to work on your passions instead of watching TV. With blogging I won't post everyday but I will make it a priority to work on brainstorming post ideas or working on the posts almost everyday. 

I hope this helps some of you, it surely has helped me! If you have any ideas please leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment