Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How I am going to achieve my goals: day 3


Sleep is so intensely important in life, but yet so complicated. If you get to much sleep then you are still tired, get to little and you re still tired. You have to have regular sleeping pattern for it to become easy to wake on your own without a ridiculously loud alarm. Improving your sleep schedule and getting on a routine will help to give you more energy. More energy makes more things get done and with all these goals I want to accomplish I am going to need all the energy I can get! Here are  a few steps that helped me get a better nights sleep.


1. Get rid of all things electronic! I have slept with a tv on for as long as I can remember. When we moved we only could afford one tv so I was forced to kick that habit cold turkey. Instead of watching the tv while in bed I found myself watching countless you tube videos. Honestly the you tube habit was harder to break then the tv one. I finally started reading before bed and that is know what I do if I don't find myself too sleepy.

2. Do something that relaxes you! I enjoy reading, drinking tea, or doing some yoga before bed just to slow down a little and clear my head. I find it to help stop all thought millions of thoughts that race through my head as soon as it hits the pillow keeping me up.

3. Cut the caffeine by 2 pm. This gives your body a reasonably amount of time to rid the body of the caffeine so it can slow down a bit easier when you are getting ready for bed.

4. Get on a schedule! I know this is the hardest thing of all but it is the most beneficial. I like to be in bed by 9:30 at the latest if I plan on reading and asleep by 11. I set an alarm for 7:30-8 giving myself around 7-9 hours of rest. 

When it comes to my alarm I use this app called Sleep Better. It can sense body movement, so it wakes you at the best possible time not startling you out of a deep sleep. 

Don't forget to visit my other blog www.bradleyprice3.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment