Tuesday, May 5, 2015

DIY Day - 1


Hello everyone! Todays DIY is a motivational wall art. I am using the quote, "Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. What will you do?" This has to be one of my favorite quotes because it is so true. We all make the choices we make and those choices have consequences, good or bad. People that are at the top did not make it there by sitting on the couch watching Netflix eating chips all day.  No, they worked to get where they are and work even harder to stay there. This quote reminds me to do something that gets me closer to my dreams everyday. 


Here is what you will need:

- canvas (mine is 11in x 18in)
- paint (I used black, gray, and white.)
- sponge brushes
- exacto knife
- scissors
- tape
- quote

I printed out my quote but you can draw you quote on the canvas if you would like.


Step 1:

I wanted my quote to have an ombre background. I stared painting the gray on the bottom then the white at the top the blended them together. 

This is what the background looked like in the end.


Step 2:

I cut out the letters of the quote and placed them on the canvas and used tape to keep them together so that they wouldn't move when I painted over them. 


Step 3:

I painted over the stencil I made of the quote with paint. Painting a majority of it black and the final part white. 


Step 4:

I peeled the stencil off very carefully reviling the finished product and hung it on my wall next to my clock where I will see it everyday.








No comments:

Post a Comment