Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DIY Day - 2


Today we will be going over a DIY that I have wanted to do for a loooong time! The top of my coffee table is always covered with planner stuff, school supplies, book and normal living room stuff like remotes; it is almost impossible to use for anything other then a storage table. Since I do most of my work work and school work in the living room i wanted it all to be accessible so I wouldn't have to walk to another room and make several trips to acquire everything I need to complete my daily tasks. In this DIY I will go over how to make this cute box, plant pots, and notebook to keep everything together.


What you will need:

For the box:
 - box
- paint
-paintbrushes

For the plant pots:
- pots
- paint
-paintbrush

For the notebook:
- a notebook (mine is a medium size)
- templete
- exacto knife
- sponge brush
- paint


First, well shall make the paint pots! I was planning on using three different colors of paint for each pot but I ended up just using two. I started with the gray on the bottom and the white on the top.


I then mixed the the gray and white paint and placed it in the middle.


I made sure to not have any excess paint on my brush as I tried to spread it into the white and the gray to create an ombre affect.


I did the same with the blue pot. Placing the blue at the bottom and the white at the top then mixing them and placing it in the middle.


Second, we will be doing the notebook! I took my rose template and cut it out with the exacto knife being very careful to get as much detail as I could.


I mixed the same gray and blue paint together to get this grayish blue color and used the sponge brush to paint over the template. 


Thirdly, I just painted the box. I used the same gray and blue paint as before, painting a majority of the box gray and using the blue for more of an accent of color on the bottom, top, and inside the handles. I got everything I needed at Michael's other then the notebook, I got that at Walmart.


I keep it on the coffee table to store my pen, pencils, planner accessories, planner and idea notebook. I placed my books underneath the table and my class binders in my backpack under the side table. It keeps everything easily accessible but neat at the same time.


You could also use it to keep remotes and other necessities as seen in this photo above!

No comments:

Post a Comment